ZomTec -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Support

3 posters

Go down

Air Support Empty Air Support

Post  Invader Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Now, in the core concept Blackout/ADMIN wrote up, he mentioned the army making firebomb runs, burning groups of zombies and leaving the possibility that you could get burned with it. I like this idea, but why just firebombs? I mean, couldn't there be artillery strikes? Bombing runs? An AC-130 circling the city, just blowing the place to shit would be awesome, too.

Discuss.
Invader
Invader

Zombies Slain : 5125
Survivors Saved : 2

Back to top Go down

Air Support Empty Re: Air Support

Post  Simas Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Cool, there could be random air strikes by the army. But you needed to have a warning like one of those WW2 alarms... Otherwise the player would be like:

"Yupeee, I just made it through one of the hardest buildings in the game, let's save now... Oh wait what is that thing coming towards in the sky?...

O M G"
Simas
Simas

Zombies Slain : 5044

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I though of this aswell. The problem with this is we'd have build brand new models to show that the buildings have been damaged instead of using the same base model that has burn marks on it
Admin
Admin
Admin

Zombies Slain : 5095
Survivors Saved : 1

https://zomtec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Simas wrote:Cool, there could be random air strikes by the army. But you needed to have a warning like one of those WW2 alarms... Otherwise the player would be like:

"Yupeee, I just made it through one of the hardest buildings in the game, let's save now... Oh wait what is that thing coming towards in the sky?...

O M G"

Problem with that is that there would be noone to sound the alarm, and as ADMIN said, the only warning you'll get is the plane's engines, and with nearly no background noise, it will be pretty easy to hear.

Also, you could just add big gaping holes in the buildings' models. We've only got one building model as of yet, so it's a low loss.
Invader
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Problem with that is that there would be noone to sound the alarm, and as ADMIN said, the only warning you'll get is the plane's engines, and with nearly no background noise, it will be pretty easy to hear.

Also, you could just add big gaping holes in the buildings' models. We've only got one building model as of yet, so it's a low loss.
Yes, I know I fucked the quote up, but I'm on my iPod.

It really wouldn't be too much work, but thinking realistically, there's a reason they dropped firebombs in 28 Weeks later.

Firebombs guarantee death to anything that gets in contact with it. Explosives don't offer the same assurance (outside of nukes).

Oh, and you can call me Adam or Blackout. I don't much care for "Admin" and I didn't have a choice on that haha Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Admin wrote:

It really wouldn't be too much work, but thinking realistically, there's a reason they dropped firebombs in 28 Weeks later.

Firebombs guarantee death to anything that gets in contact with it. Explosives don't offer the same assurance (outside of nukes).

Oh, and you can call me Adam or Blackout. I don't much care for "Admin" and I didn't have a choice on that haha Razz

Well, tell me a 120mm Howitzer shell from an AC-130 wouldn't fuck some zombies up? Well, maybe the firebomb would come first, and then bombs, artillery, ect.
Invader
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:

Well, tell me a 120mm Howitzer shell from an AC-130 wouldn't fuck some zombies up? Well, maybe the firebomb would come first, and then bombs, artillery, ect.

It would, but there's still a risk that you wouldn't destroy the brain.

I think the other reason they use firebombs is because it's much cheaper than firing AC-130 rounds into the infected area
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Admin wrote:
Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:

I think the other reason they use firebombs is because it's much cheaper than firing AC-130 rounds into the infected area

I guess so. Firebombs it is.
Invader
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post  Simas Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:35 pm

Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:
Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:

I guess so. Firebombs it is.

Hmm, one problem. Will the fire spread or will it be like those fire bottles at Red Dead Redemption?...
Simas
Simas

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Hmm... I dunno. They probably should. Then again, that leaves the possibility that one firebomb run could destroy the whole city...
Invader
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:36 am

The firebomb runs in 28 weeks later, were closer to flash fires than a full on blaze so I think we should do that
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Admin wrote:The firebomb runs in 28 weeks later, were closer to flash fires than a full on blaze so I think we should do that

Alright. How often should these runs happen, and how long should they take, from launch to the end of the flames?
Invader
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:The firebomb runs in 28 weeks later, were closer to flash fires than a full on blaze so I think we should do that

Alright. How often should these runs happen, and how long should they take, from launch to the end of the flames?
Well, if we can make it randomized, they'll be completely random. We could probably randomize the amount of firebombs used also (making how long they last dependent on how much was used)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Admin wrote:
Invader wrote:

Well, if we can make it randomized, they'll be completely random. We could probably randomize the amount of firebombs used also (making how long they last dependent on how much was used)

I agree. But what's stopping the game from firebombing some desolate little field with no zombies in it 15 miles away from the city? (A.K.A. How will we keep it from firebombing pointless places?)
Invader
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:
Invader wrote:

I agree. But what's stopping the game from firebombing some desolate little field with no zombies in it 15 miles away from the city? (A.K.A. How will we keep it from firebombing pointless places?)
We could add factors into it like: Firebombs can be run on these streets: (list streets) or areas with X amount of infected
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Admin wrote:
Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:
Invader wrote:

We could add factors into it like: Firebombs can be run on these streets: (list streets) or areas with X amount of infected

Good point.

The level of inactivity here really worries me...
Invader
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post  Simas Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 am

Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:
Invader wrote:
Admin wrote:
Invader wrote:

Good point.

The level of inactivity here really worries me...

Yes, it does...

Zzzzzzzzzz...
Simas
Simas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: