ZomTec -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Infection

5 posters

Go down

The Infection Empty The Infection

Post  Simas Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:53 pm

I am liking this infection idea that you will turn into a zombie in 4 days if you get bit by one. However, if that is true, then the player would just turn off the console and restart from a previous save. You should be able to find some prototype cure that would make you last more days before the disease killed you. Those however, would be incredibly rare and could only be found in the Universities part of the city (see my "Sections of the city" thread). Also, as these medicines are experimental, they have side effects (more hunger, fever, paralysis, raise insanity level (see "Fear Meter" thread, etc...).

Post your ideas on the disease!

I'm on fire today, 3 threads already!!!
Simas
Simas

Zombies Slain : 5044
Survivors Saved : 2

Back to top Go down

The Infection Empty Re: The Infection

Post  Admin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Erm. Actually, as of now it's a MP only game (we may add in a campaign later if we can get a good enough story cooked up) so there are no save points. This will change if we do add a campaign though.

And it doesn't take four days to get infected. In game, it games three hours from the time you're bitten to your time of death. You're actions and control over your character diminishes in this time. After being dead for an hour, you reanimate as a zombie.

And there isn't a cure for Solanum. Once it gets inside the body, even in the smallest amount, you're life is over and there's nothing you can do about it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Zombies Slain : 5095
Survivors Saved : 1

https://zomtec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Admin wrote:Erm. Actually, as of now it's a MP only game (we may add in a campaign later if we can get a good enough story cooked up) so there are no save points. This will change if we do add a campaign though.

And it doesn't take four days to get infected. In game, it games three hours from the time you're bitten to your time of death. You're actions and control over your character diminishes in this time. After being dead for an hour, you reanimate as a zombie.

And there isn't a cure for Solanum. Once it gets inside the body, even in the smallest amount, you're life is over and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'm getting to work on it!
Grathius
Grathius

Zombies Slain : 5153
Survivors Saved : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Grathius wrote:
Admin wrote:Erm. Actually, as of now it's a MP only game (we may add in a campaign later if we can get a good enough story cooked up) so there are no save points. This will change if we do add a campaign though.

I'm getting to work on it!
A campaign would be really fun come to think of it. It could be like Fallout
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:25 pm

I mean, I LOVE the MP idea, but a campaign is ALWAYS nice!
Grathius
Grathius

Zombies Slain : 5153
Survivors Saved : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Jones Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Grathius wrote:I mean, I LOVE the MP idea, but a campaign is ALWAYS nice!
I love campaigns because if it was just MP it would be like how the heck are there zombies everywhere how'd they get here the campaign fills in those thought. MP campaign?
Mr.Jones
Mr.Jones

Zombies Slain : 5040
Survivors Saved : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Mr.Jones wrote:
Grathius wrote:I mean, I LOVE the MP idea, but a campaign is ALWAYS nice!
I love campaigns because if it was just MP it would be like how the heck are there zombies everywhere how'd they get here the campaign fills in those thought. MP campaign?
Well that's basically L4D right there. You don't really need to answer those questions. There are zombies and that's about it haha
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Well, I love a good backstory in a game. I think we should do something like how L4D told the story with the characters. Have them just converse when they're not fighting for their lives.
Invader
Invader

Zombies Slain : 5125
Survivors Saved : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum