ZomTec -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sections of the City

4 posters

Go down

Sections of the City Empty Sections of the City

Post  Simas Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:52 pm

If this is supposed to be a huge city, then it has to have different areas with each having unique items. Here goes some ideas of mine:

- The "Wall Street" kind of area - Mostly banks and office's, the weapons/ammo/food ratio is medium here.

- The Getto - You can find some basic weapons here like brass knuckles or a lousy pistol. If you searched deeper however, you would find some of the best weapons on the game, but you have to watch your Insanity Level (see my "Insanity Meter" thread) because this is a area in the game with a lot of atrocities commited by the zombies.

- The University Area - There is the main university here, one of the largest buildings in the game. You can search through the Science hall labs for a infection cure (see my "The Infection" thread) or some medicine to lower your insanity level. There is also a huge library that can be consulted to learn ways to desinfect your food, water or research the history of zombies...

- The Fishing Area - The docks area. A lot of food here if you can find any healthy fish. Also, some secret items from the deeps...

And that's all I could think off until now. Post your ideas for another areas or improvements on some existing area!
Simas
Simas

Zombies Slain : 5044
Survivors Saved : 2

Back to top Go down

Sections of the City Empty Re: Sections of the City

Post  Admin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Different parts of the city are a must. Each one could be its own level that get's loaded when you get close enough to that area in the city
Admin
Admin
Admin

Zombies Slain : 5095
Survivors Saved : 1

https://zomtec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:16 pm

There should be like... um...

an airport? Which deserves a location of it's on, because they're big...

Also, when you get there, you can find some locations to planes, which could possibly help you escape.
Grathius
Grathius

Zombies Slain : 5153
Survivors Saved : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Grathius wrote:There should be like... um...

Also, when you get there, you can find some locations to planes, which could possibly help you escape.
I was mulling that idea in my mind as well. It might make the game too easy if you can just get a plane and fly to the safe house
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Admin wrote:

I was mulling that idea in my mind as well. It might make the game too easy if you can just get a plane and fly to the safe house

Yeah, but you would need a pilot, fuel, and be able to fix the plane... besides... who said it wouldn't crash? Cool
Grathius
Grathius

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Grathius wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yeah, but you would need a pilot, fuel, and be able to fix the plane... besides... who said it wouldn't crash? Cool
If we added enough complications to actually getting it flying, yeah it would def be a cool addition. Maybe like the run way is completely blocked and you have to clear it first
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Grathius wrote:
Admin wrote:

If we added enough complications to actually getting it flying, yeah it would def be a cool addition. Maybe like the run way is completely blocked and you have to clear it first

Yeah... also... one person needs to stay behind, at the flight tower, too! If you choose the wrong person to do the job, different endings could happen.

Wrong person 1: The survivors decide it's not worth it, and kill themselves.

Wrong person 2: The person directs the pilot in the wrong way, the plane crashes... they all die.

Wrong person 3: Same as 2, except the survivors survive the crash... and it's gone into overtime!

Right person: Everything goes according to plan!
Grathius
Grathius

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Grathius wrote:
Admin wrote:
Grathius wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yeah... also... one person needs to stay behind, at the flight tower, too! If you choose the wrong person to do the job, different endings could happen.

Wrong person 2: The person directs the pilot in the wrong way, the plane crashes... they all die.

Wrong person 3: Same as 2, except the survivors survive the crash... and it's gone into overtime!

I like the idea of leaving somebody behind. Makes it a moral choice. Especially since it's another player
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Yeah. It'll make people think of some things before the end the game!
Grathius
Grathius

Back to top Go down

Post  Simas Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Admin wrote:
Grathius wrote:
Admin wrote:
Grathius wrote:
Admin wrote:

I like the idea of leaving somebody behind. Makes it a moral choice. Especially since it's another player

And some players could plot with others to betray them and leave to the zombies tongue
Simas
Simas

Zombies Slain : 5044

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:23 pm

OH! OH!

There should be like... some sort of teenage cult type thing, in a house basement.
Grathius
Grathius

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:37 pm

The Park: A Grand Central Park-esque area with a beautiful landscape. However, this area was a quarantine zone for the recently infected before it was overrun. It is full of atrocities, so keep your eyes on the Insanity Meter! It is also among the most overrun parts of the city.

McDonaugh Tower: A skyscraper that's top tower was used as an armory by the army before it was overrun. It's crammed full of zombies. You can try and fight your way to the top and take as many weapons as you want and fight your way down, or you can just pass it up.

The Outskirts: The outskirts of the city. This area has scattered small buildings, mom and pop stores, and other places that could potentially have valuable supplies. Less populated than most parts of the city, so less zombies.

Crockett Woods: A dense wilderness beyond the city's outskirts. You absolutely must watch your back at all times. Sparsely populated, but due to the thick fog, the marsh, and the dense trees you could easily find yourself infected in a matter of seconds. The rednecks who lived in the area were armed to the teeth, and you can loot their cabins for extremely valuable weapons.

Richards Fields: Some oil fields in the outskirts of the city. Sparsely populated. Lots of melee weapons can be found here. A few mildly powerful guns can be found here and there, too. On plains.

The Cruise Ship: A cruise ship on the docks of the city. It is almost completely full of zombies. The ship was on a route, with people from all over the world on vacation. Shortly after they docked, the government put the whole city on lockdown, and the army made the ship and emergency quarantine area. As with all the quarantine areas, this one did not go well at all. They did keep a huge amount of supplies in the meat locker, which was never breached (and thus uncontaminated). You can, similarly to McDonaugh Tower, try and fight your way through and get the supplies.
Invader
Invader

Zombies Slain : 5125

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down