ZomTec -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Customization of Guns

3 posters

Go down

Customization of Guns Empty Customization of Guns

Post  Invader Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Okay, customizing guns. I was picturing being able to salvage weapon accessories off of guns lying around, by looting the gun store/whatever, or even by creating your own upgrades out of scraps you find lying around. Question is: how do we choose what upgrades you can put on a gun or how many you can have? I was picturing a slot system:

Ammunition Type

Sights

Grip

Camoflauge

Silencers/Suppressors

Other

Something like that. If you find any weapon upgrades lying around, you could either pop it onto your gun or duct tape/ tie it down with rope to your gun, which could be done in the field, but it would leave you vulerable to attacks- and that ain't good. You should have someone watch your back if you plan to modify your weapon on the field. Also, adding these upgrades in the field would use either some of your rope/twine or tape supply- and it would only be the supply you or a fellow survivor have on you/ them. If you want to make your own upgrades or weapons, however, you must weld it together or something at a workstation- and you must have all requisite materials.

Last edited by Invader on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Invader
Invader

Zombies Slain : 5125
Survivors Saved : 2

Back to top Go down

Customization of Guns Empty Re: Customization of Guns

Post  Grathius Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 pm

I think you find some items, and then duck tape, or what ever... then you must add it at a workstation or safe place. Duck tape = anywhere. Welding = Workshop.

For example...

Gun + Tape + Flashlight = Gun with flashlight!
Grathius
Grathius

Zombies Slain : 5153
Survivors Saved : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Grathius wrote:I think you find some items, and then duck tape, or what ever... then you must add it at a workstation or safe place. Duck tape = anywhere. Welding = Workshop.

For example...

Gun + Tape + Flashlight = Gun with flashlight!

Good point. I'll incorperate that somehow.
Invader
Invader

Zombies Slain : 5125

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Yay! My ideas are being used. Very Happy
Grathius
Grathius

Zombies Slain : 5153
Survivors Saved : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Simas Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:09 am

Invader wrote: Okay, customizing guns. I was picturing being able to salvage weapon accessories off of guns lying around, by looting the gun store/whatever, or even by creating your own upgrades out of scraps you find lying around. Question is: how do we choose what upgrades you can put on a gun or how many you can have? I was picturing a slot system:

Ammunition Type

Sights

Grip

Camoflauge

Silencers/Suppressors

Other

Something like that. If you find any weapon upgrades lying around, you could either pop it onto your gun or duct tape/ tie it down with rope to your gun, which could be done in the field, but it would leave you vulerable to attacks- and that ain't good. You should have someone watch your back if you plan to modify your weapon on the field. Also, adding these upgrades in the field would use either some of your rope/twine or tape supply- and it would only be the supply you or a fellow survivor have on you/ them. If you want to make your own upgrades or weapons, however, you must weld it together or something at a workstation- and you must have all requisite materials.

There should be some kind of base weapon (BW) that just served to be combined. However, when you combined it and used all the ammo for it, it can't be used again and you need to find another one.
Ex:
BW + Net http://tiny.cc/m66g2
BW + Nails http://tiny.cc/fx52e

ENDLESS possibilities!
Simas
Simas

Zombies Slain : 5044

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content