Important Things!

Go down

Important Things!

Post  Invader on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Okay, I, have decided to get together some important things for this project if we want it to succeed. Now, as you know, I have been on a similar project for over a year now (though this one is slightly more awesome because it has zombies), so I know how these things work.

First off, we need some productivity-centered forum sections:

-Marketing, for new recruits, and just getting the word out there. I suspect that when people hear about a dream zombie survival game, we'll get plenty of people, but who knows? The important part is coders, but do NOT- and I repeat, do NOT look for coders just yet! We are far too early on in the project for that. We must have at least a fairly solid concept of the game before people can start making it.

-Welcome: A place for new people to say hi and get to know the other members. A very casual place, but not completely casual- think "business casual".

-Off-Topic forums. This is a big no-no on a project forum, as fun as they are. The other project I was on, in the beginning, had an off-topic forum. Until it was removed (and it never was, until we left the forum) we made relatively NO progress at all. So, this is a no.

-Forum Support/Suggestions: A place for people to suggest ways to make using the forums easier and more productive. We'll have a hard time making a dream zombie survival game with a confusing/ broken forum!

-Gameplay. This is the fun part- people can suggest the great things they would want to see in a dream zombie game. Pretty much, at this stage, just give all your ideas and let the community decide what stays and goes. As we get solidified/accepted features, such as game modes, we will create a forum sub-section under the Gameplay section dedicated to that one concept.

-Technical and Conceptual: Pretty much, discuss game engines, how/ in what order we will make the game, and any proof-of-concept things people have made can be shared here- this ranges from artwork to little computer programs. This is NOT for betas/alphas or any bit of the game. We will create a prototypes section when that time comes.

Also, one thing we must all remember is that THIS GAME IS NEW. The core concept of it was just imagined today. We have to get on our feet, and the first thing we need for that is a good, loyal group of members! With that, comes the need for the marketing forum. I beleive the Valve forum would be the perfect place to set up an ad, but we need to come up with something professional first. For now, just tell your friends about us!

Now, someone should set up an announcement stating the state of the project and what our goals are. A quote of that one post you made on the other forum would work perfectly, but be sure to add that it is just a sort of idea of the direction we want to go in, and not exactly what this game will be.

Also, I beleive we need a good name-change. Zomtec works for now, but eventually we need to think of something better. For example, the one other project I am one used to have a horrible name for the longest time, but it was eventually changed with something better and more catchy.

That's all I can think of for now, but I am very sleepy and must get to bed before long. Happy (zombie) hunting! tongue
Invader

Zombies Slain : 3140
Survivors Saved : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Important Things!

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:25 pm

Stickied
Admin
Admin

Zombies Slain : 3110
Survivors Saved : 1

View user profile http://zomtec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simas on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Sounds fun... Very nice.
Simas

Zombies Slain : 3059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grathius on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:14 pm

This should work very nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsUsGmb7poI
Grathius

Zombies Slain : 3168
Survivors Saved : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Jones on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:00 pm

What do we plan on dong if we finish making the game?
Mr.Jones

Zombies Slain : 3055
Survivors Saved : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Mr.Jones wrote:What do we plan on dong if we finish making the game?

Playing it! Razz

Zombies Slain : 3140

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Jones on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Invader wrote:

Playing it! Razz
Sell it?
Mr.Jones

Zombies Slain : 3055
Survivors Saved : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Mr.Jones wrote:
Invader wrote:

Playing it! Razz
Sell it?
We would need copyrights to do that, marketing, and have to buy servers that could handle the downloads. It would be too much work to put a price tag on it
Admin
Admin

Zombies Slain : 3110
Survivors Saved : 1

View user profile http://zomtec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down